The Chamber is actively involved in promoting the fruit and vegetable industry through:
- Annual social and charity events such as the Cherry Auction, Sydney Markets Foundation Race Day, Sydney Markets Ball.
- The ‘Everybody’s Body’ project, and Your Local Greengrocer campaign www.yourlocalgreengrocer.com.au funded by voluntary contributions from a large group of Chamber members, and retailers which uses radio and other media to encourage consumers to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables
- Commitment to Sydney Markets’ Fresh For Kids www.freshforkids.com.au project, which promotes the benefits of fresh fruit and vegetables to the school children of NSW
- Support to the Sydney Tomato Wholesalers promotion initiative.
- Media liaison, media releases and opportunities to present to industry and other groups about the importance of the industry and the Central Markets.
- Promoting members’ businesses through Freshmark’s Sydney Markets Directory and APP.